Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Cart empties between logins

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

Default Cart empties between logins

A customer is complaining that 3 days ago he logged into our wholesale site and added a bunch of items to his cart. Then last night he logged in and added a bunch more. Then today he logged in and his shopping cart (300+ items) was empty.

I do not think this has anything to do with the app configs that control cart transfer/merge since all of our customers need to be logged in to add items.

Any idea what could be causing this to happen?

Is it possible the customer inadvertently did something to empty the cart?

I am at a loss on how to deal with customers who log back in to empty carts. It's only happened a few times, it isn't a huge problem, but I would like to know what is happening.
    Running: AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2

Jordan is offline Member

I think you'll find cart behavior to be generally unreliable and inconsistent between logged-in and anonymous/cookie sessions.

I have yet to unravel the rhyme or reason behind when the customer sees what. It's one of my big beefs with this otherwise decent solution.