Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: DotFeed not consistent with google products

ntobin is offline Junior Member

Exclamation DotFeed not consistent with google products

I have a problem I was hoping someone could help me answer. We haven't been able to figure this out and have been completely suspended from Google because of it.

I recently deleted some of the items in my backend because they were missing unique identifiers and fixed the issue on the remaining items. I had about 2800 items and now I'm down to about 1000. I nuked, not deleted, the items. When I preview it on the dotfeed side it lists the correct amount of items.

However, my google feed (on the google product side) still says 2800 or so items are there and it still lists all the ones that have errors. It has been a couple days and I've even created a new test feed using the same thing.

Is this setting delayed by days or something? Has anyone else had the same problem? I think everything is fixed on our end and I can't figure out how to fix this.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Every six hours your product will be transformed into our server and cached it to improved efficiency but, I guess this has been handled in support already. Can you confirm, please?

ntobin is offline Junior Member

Default Yes

This problem is solved. I'm not sure why it wasn't completing but once the caching was fixed our feed started picking it up again.

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Default Is the Feed Still Being Cached?

Is the feed still being cached? I've noticed that when I fix errors on the Google feed and then reload the feed, that many of the errors are not fixed. If I wait a day and upload again they are fixed.

If the feed is cached, how long do we have to wait to get a new feed to upload?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Yes. You'll have to wait at least 12-hour cycle for the changes to be updated to Google, but remember Google usually takes 2-3 hours before the changes is updated in Google/Shopping.