Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Please use a valid country error

sclayton is offline Junior Member

Default Please use a valid country error

I recently setup Nigeria as a country for a customer. I used the 2 letter ISO code NG, the 3 letter ISO code NGA, and the numeric ISO code 566. As far as I know these codes are correct.

Now when the customer tries to submit their credit card information (Mastercard) they receive the following error: "This transaction cannot be processed. Please use a valid country on the billing address., This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid country code in the shipping address."

The failed transaction log shows the transaction results as "|Invalid Data,10746,This transaction cannot be processed. Please use a valid country on the billing address.|, |Invalid Data,10745,This transaction cannot be processed. Please enter a valid country code in the shipping address.|"

We're using the PayPalPro gateway. We're on AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.1/8.0.1.1, 32 bit.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what's wrong?

Thank you,
    ~Seth Clayton

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You'd need to contact the gateway to see what they didn't like about the address. Either the information you entered doesn't match what they're expecting for that country, or they don't allow transactions from there. A lot of banks won't accept online transactions from countries with historically very high fraud rates like Nigeria, Vietnam, Turkey, etc.