Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Request a Quote payment method and Getting the customer to pay later

Bluefish-Andrew is offline Member

Default Request a Quote payment method and Getting the customer to pay later

We want to use the Request a Quote method for international orders so we can contact our shipping company and confirm the exact shipping cost before getting back to the customer and asking them to pay.

Currently the request a quote option is working and a quote request is added to the orders page.

Is there a way we can assign a cash value to the shipping for this quote and then ask the customer to pay through our normal credit card gateway?

Bluefish-Andrew is offline Member

I am working on this customisation now...

I have added a new text box to the order page (for quotes only) that allows the admin user to set a shipping cost against the quote and I have modified the payment page on the checkout to check for a query string including a Quote OrderID.

The code I added to the checkoutpayment page now checks if the Order ID supplied is for a quote, is for the customer currently logged in and if the order has a value assigned to it for the shipping cost. If all of these are OK it empties the existing cart and adds all the items from the Quote Order. It then sets the shipping method ID for the products in the Cart...

This is where I am currently stuck. Here are my Questions!
    1. Is the shipping address ID saved anywhere for an order? I can't see it in the tables but want to be certain?
    2. If this isn't saved is there a way to check if an Address ID exists based on the address in an order?
    3. Can anybody point me to the line of code for the checkout payment page or checkout shipping page that sets the shipping cost for the order?