Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Can Template Be Changed For Kit Product?

r3volution11 is offline Junior Member

Default Can Template Be Changed For Kit Product?

I've done everything required to define kitproduct.aspx to use a new template with no luck.

Is it possible to even do so?

r3volution11 is offline Junior Member

So, as stated, I tried every method and spelling variation possible to get the template method described in the manual to work with no luck.

To create a solution for my problem I created a new variation of page.kitheader.xml.config and named it something different (layout.product-kit-header.xml.config in my case). I then included that xml.config file directly in kitproduct.aspx using aspdnsf:XmlPackage.

Because ASPDNSF will still include page.kitheader.xml.config I emptied it out so that core code would not have to be modified.

Not a perfect solution because I still had to change my master template and other product xml.config files as a workaround but it does work!