Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Wanted: examples of mobile aspdnsf sites

Froggitt is offline Junior Member

Default Wanted: examples of mobile aspdnsf sites

Does anyone have any examples of mobile sites developed using ASPDNSF? If so, please could you post some links below?

I'd like to understand if "great" mobile sites can be developed within the storefront.

Does the Vortx addon significantly extend the basic "free" functionality?

Thanks

jerm324 is offline Senior Member

You can check out ours at www.cpperformance.com. It's still a WIP but is working well on the iPhones I've tested it on. I'm not using the vortx plugin or the built in mobile feature. I put in a a piece of JS that detects the user agent and redirects mobile users to a different skin complete with its own template, css and xml packages that mirror what the full site has.

Froggitt is offline Junior Member

Thanks for that.

Why arent you using the mobile feature or Vortx plugin?

Froggitt

PS FYI When I enter search terms, it zooms but doesnt unzoom. Otherwise a quick look around, seems to hang together well.

jerm324 is offline Senior Member

Well I'm working on layouts for 4 sites. The built in mobile package won't allow customers to make purchases, so that's already a no go. Using the vortx plugin would be $1200/year, so why spend money if you don't have to I guess. I don't know how customizable the vortx plugin is but I can do a lot with just css, a different template and custom xml packages.