Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to Add/Edit App_Code if no Root Access

tonya is offline Junior Member

Default How to Add/Edit App_Code if no Root Access

We are looking to add a "Rate This" button higher up on our product page but I was also looking at the sticky thread about adding the star ratings to the cat pages. It seems to do either of these - at least to accomplish the latter - that one needs access to the App_Code folder. I am able to view the folder itself but am neither able to download the current items nor to upload any new documents to that folder. Any advice/help on this matter would be greatly appreciated as I am still learning my way around the code and accessibility limitations.

Cheers,
    ~Tonya

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Do you have direct access to the server or trying via FTP? It could just be a simple permissions issue on the app_code folder.

Default FTP Access

I just have access via FTP, at least that is the only way that I know that we have access. Channel Advisor tech support told me that we do not have root access, for whatever that is worth. I have been with this company for about 6 months now and am just now really getting to dive into some of the nitty gritty and finding a lot of restraints, which are causing some headaches when it comes to making edits that my boss is wanting. They evidently used Vortx to build the site initially, again don't know if that means anything.

Thanks,
    ~Tonya

I found another post that had xml/xsl code but was aimed at ML v. 9 and I have not been able to get some of the javascript references to work for me in ML 8. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! I included my v.8 code on the original thread where I found the xsl/javascript code and it can be found at http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...ws-and-Ratings.

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    ~Tonya
    Last edited by tonya; 01-25-2012 at 09:34 AM.