Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Mixed Free and RTS Shipping

Lashen Electroncis is offline Junior Member

Default Mixed Free and RTS Shipping

Hello,
    First of all the details. We are running the latest version 9.2.0.0 and are having a bit of a problem on the shipping.

What we would like to accomplish is the following:
    • Free Ground shipping on certain configured products (All the products from one manufacturer we sell). These already have the Free Shipping set to yes in the variant.
    • A free shipping threshold of $50.00 which is set in the FreeShippingThreshold config.
    • Real-Time UPS shipping rates for items not flagged for free shipping.
    • The ability to allow the customer to select faster shipping methods at their own expense. This would be the FreeShippingAllowsRateSelection set to 1 I would presume.

This almost works except for the following.
    • If i set the FreeShippingThreshold to anything above 0 I get mixed results, normally it gives free shipping on everything.
    • If I turn on FreeShippingAllowsRateSelection the customer is charged shipping on a free shipping item almost always. I say it that way because about 1 in every 10 tests it actually works.
    • Where the allow rate selection does always break (this is when it gives free shipping on the item it should) is that it will allow the customer to select faster shipping for the non-free ship items, but doesn't calculate the new shipping charges on the free shipping items - it just stays at free shipping.

I'm probably asking way too much for a pre-packaged system. I would be happy if the system would only give free shipping if they met the threshold. I would hate if I couldn't use the RTS since our items vary from a few ounces to close to 100 lbs.

The only other concern is that we have a lot of items flagged Shipped Separately (none of the free ship items) if that has any bearing or issue with what we are trying to accomplish.

sohopub is offline Junior Member

Default Follow up

Were you ever able to resolve this issue? It's a year later and I have the same issue and no one on this site appears to have answered you.

Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Lashen Electroncis View Post
    Hello,
    First of all the details. We are running the latest version 9.2.0.0 and are having a bit of a problem on the shipping.

What we would like to accomplish is the following:
    • Free Ground shipping on certain configured products (All the products from one manufacturer we sell). These already have the Free Shipping set to yes in the variant.
    • A free shipping threshold of $50.00 which is set in the FreeShippingThreshold config.
    • Real-Time UPS shipping rates for items not flagged for free shipping.
    • The ability to allow the customer to select faster shipping methods at their own expense. This would be the FreeShippingAllowsRateSelection set to 1 I would presume.

This almost works except for the following.
    • If i set the FreeShippingThreshold to anything above 0 I get mixed results, normally it gives free shipping on everything.
    • If I turn on FreeShippingAllowsRateSelection the customer is charged shipping on a free shipping item almost always. I say it that way because about 1 in every 10 tests it actually works.
    • Where the allow rate selection does always break (this is when it gives free shipping on the item it should) is that it will allow the customer to select faster shipping for the non-free ship items, but doesn't calculate the new shipping charges on the free shipping items - it just stays at free shipping.

I'm probably asking way too much for a pre-packaged system. I would be happy if the system would only give free shipping if they met the threshold. I would hate if I couldn't use the RTS since our items vary from a few ounces to close to 100 lbs.

The only other concern is that we have a lot of items flagged Shipped Separately (none of the free ship items) if that has any bearing or issue with what we are trying to accomplish.