Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Can anyone help us to trace this error?

Moosemiester is offline Junior Member
    Pinckney, Michigan USA & Kharkov, Ukraine

Default Can anyone help us to trace this error?

In View/Manage orders when looking at individual orders we get this error a lot:

The orders show up on the reports and are good orders. Tried to trace this, orders.aspx file (which seems to be what generates this page) not really helping me, and AdminPageBase.cs we don't have source for (as we do not have full source).

Have tried to detect a pattern but there doesn't seem to be one.

Here is the stack trace:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: startIndex]
    System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy) +7494383
    System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex) +17
    AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.orderframe.Page_Load(Obje ct sender, EventArgs e) +63382
    System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
    System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
    System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
    AspDotNetStorefrontAdmin.AdminPageBase.OnLoad(Even tArgs e) in C:\AspDotNetStorefront\Fortress\DP_Products\WebRel eases\AspDotNetStorefrontML\Ashland\AspDotNetStore frontAdmin\AdminPageBase.cs:76
    System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

deanfp is offline Senior Member

I had that message once. I backed up the database, ran the monthly maintenence and included the clear SQL log check box. Seemed to sort it for us but may not have been related to your issue.

Moosemiester is offline Junior Member
    Pinckney, Michigan USA & Kharkov, Ukraine

Default Thanks!!!

Thank you so much for replying. We'll try this in our staging environment.

webdeeds is offline Junior Member

Default Seems some problem with CC numbers used

Seems to be a problem with CreditCard numbers entered by users while making orders.
    This problem is with orderframe.aspx.cs file (I guess you have code for it) that you should debug

Regards,
    Rohit
    (Happy to help!)
    witzeek@gmail.com