Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: create custom aspx page and insert topics in the page

mschirad is offline Junior Member

Default create custom aspx page and insert topics in the page

I want to create a custom aspx page and have certain topics display in the page.

I found this and created the custom page:
    customPage.aspx

<%@ Page language="c#" Inherits="AspDotNetStorefront.customPage" CodeFile="customPage.aspx.cs" %>

<html>
    <head runat="server">
    </head>
    <body runat = "server" >
    The information that you code in here will be shown in the content section of the skin that you are using.<br />
    You can use <strong>html</strong> within this section.<br />
    <asp:Label ID="customlbl" runat="server" />
    </body>
    </html>

customPage.aspx.cs

// ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    // Copyright AspDotNetStorefront.com, 1995-2008. All Rights Reserved.
    // http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com
    // For details on this license please visit the product homepage at the URL above.
    // THE ABOVE NOTICE MUST REMAIN INTACT.
    // ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

using System;
    using System.Text.RegularExpressions;
    using System.Text;
    using System.Web;
    using System.Web.UI;
    using System.Web.UI.WebControls;
    using System.Data;
    using System.Globalization;

namespace AspDotNetStorefront
    {
    public partial class customPage : SkinBase
    {
    protected void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    {
    customlbl.Text = "You can also use asp controls on the page which can be accessed in the code behind file";
    }
    }
    }

--------------------------

that works for the custom page. But now I want to be able to have certain topics display in this page too.

How can I put this: <aspdnsf:Topic ID="IDName" runat="server" TopicName="TopicName" />
    and make it work?

I also would like this page to be only displayed with a valid discription.

is thsi possible?

mschirad is offline Junior Member

I mean that I would like the page viewable only with a valid "subscription" not description.

tonya is offline Junior Member

Did you ever solve this? I am looking to try to do the same thing, only I want to use the <aspdnsf:Topic ID="IDName" runat="server" TopicName="TopicName" /> line to create either a template tag or to embed a custom page with a form into a product description on my premium store. I simply have not been able to get it to work. I am using Channel Advisor as my product inventory system. I'm also at a loss as to where to find the Topic ID (IDName) value.

Any input would be welcome!

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

I would suggest you follow the same method that the unskined topic page uses for embedding topics into pages.

http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...pic-pages.aspx
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

mmcgeachy is offline Senior Member

In the case of the aspdnsf:Topic control. The ID refers to a control ID not the topic id. So you can set it to almost anything as long as another control is not already using that ID. The topicname property is what you want to change to the appropriate topic name.

tonya is offline Junior Member

The t2- works beautifully. Thank you. I knew there had to be some type of "switch", if you will, to make it work. The only thing is once the form is submitted, it automatically routes to a new page with the full skin within the object area, which is somewhat less than ideal looking. Here is the link to one of the products to which I am applying this: http://www.lookoutmountaintarp.com/p...r-service.aspx

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

In that case you might change the submit button to call some JavaScript that submits (POSTs) the form and then changes the test of the page (which would actually only be the text in the frame) to read something like 'your email has been sent.' That would avoid the page refresh issue.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM