Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Custom Handling Fee for UPS Ground

bonannjn is offline Junior Member

Cool Custom Handling Fee for UPS Ground

Hello,

I'm using ML8.0.1.2... and attempting to get free UPS Ground shipping for all orders, and a handling fee of $10.50 for all orders using UPS Ground that are under $150.00....

Thus far, I've modified the following AppConfigs:

FreeShippingAllowsRateSelection (TRUE)
    FreeShippingThreshold (set to 0.01)
    ShippingMethodIDIfFreeShippingIsOn (this is the ID for the UPS Ground method returned from RTS rates, which should only return for US addresses.)
    ApplyShippingHandlingExtraFeeToFreeShipping (TRUE)

That's all fine and dandy, but if I modify the ShippingHandlingExtraFee, it will be applied to ALL my shipping methods. Any idea on how I might go about applying it to JUST the UPS Ground method?

Many thanks in advance!
    Justin

duclon is offline Junior Member

Justin, You may need the source code and have to do modifications to it to get this to work. I just wrote a custom handling code function that adds packing charges by the type and the quantity of the products selected. I made changes in the prices.x file and the shopping cart classes, and added my own class to do some math and calculations. You could do the same type thing by by finding where the shipping is calculated, get the type pf shipping there and then add a handling charge. You then have to add it into the total and display it on the cart and receipt. I added another field to the orders table for handling change. I haven't had time but I plan on blogging the steps on how I did this.
    I'm not sure if the way I did it will work in version 8, we have 9.

Mike