Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Feed Endpoint 404 error

tgso is offline Junior Member

Default Feed Endpoint 404 error

When I browse to my feeds endpoint, I am getting a 404 error. Is that expected? Does anyone else have that problem with their dotfeed?

I am getting an xml formatting error from Google as well...

Any ideas?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

You can't browse your Feed's endpoint directly from any browser, no. Instead, login to your dotfeed console (dotnetstorefront.com/license/dotfeed.aspx) and click "Preview Results" button.

As for the "XML Formatting Error", do you have any html tags in your product description or titles? Though the error is not only limited to that, it may be something to do with "illigal character" also. Generally, all data within your feed should be plain text. Formatting is generally not allowed -- Google decides all format and display.

ntobin is offline Junior Member

Default View all XML

Is there any way to view the WHOLE xml in the preview? Mine is broken up into 21 pages (set at 50 on 'page size') and it's difficult to combine all of those into a single cohesive xml file.

Isn't there a download or 'view all' button somewhere?