Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Modify GetCustomerLevelPrice to ManufacturerPartNumber instead of VariantID

batteryguy is offline Junior Member

Default Modify GetCustomerLevelPrice to ManufacturerPartNumber instead of VariantID

We have about 12000 ProductIDs in our database but only about 2000 unique ManufacturerPartNumbers. In other words many of our "Product" pages share the same ManufacturerPartNumber and therefore share the same price. In our case it would be much easier to manage the ExtendedPrice by ManufacturerPartNumber instead of VariantID.

I have an idea on how to make this work but am looking for some input before proceeding:
    I have found the Scalar-Valued Function dbo.GetCustomerLevelPrice. We would start by modifying the ExtendedPrice table to include ManufacturerPartNumber. We would then replace the references in the Scalar-Valued Function from VariantID to ManufacturerPartNumber.

I understand this mod may affect our ability to manage the extended pricing from the admin site. Any other issues this may cause? Are there any other files or stored procedures that would need to be modified?

MudDiver is offline Member

If I am reading what you are saying correctly you are doing something similar to what we did which was to pull our pricing from our back end database rather than from the ASPDNSF database (our multi-tier pricing was not compatible with ASPDNSF methods).

I realize you are pulling the price using a different field but what I would encourage you to do is make sure you are covering all the calls, because you may get the result you want on the show product pages but the shopping cart, receipt and other pages also make those calls and you have to cover all of them. I would look at either copying and then modifying the stored procedures or overload or modify the get price routines to substitute that part number.
    Jason Giles
    IT Manager / Web Services
    WTS Media
    www.wtsmedia.com