Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Rich snippets and Schema.org integration

bonannjn is offline Junior Member

Default Rich snippets and Schema.org integration

Hello,

I've briefly scanned this forum in search of some ideas on how to best integrate rich snippets into my content... and to be honest, I couldn't find much. I understand that this is a newer trend in the SEO arena, but while Google, Bing, and Yahoo have begun to adopt these new markup methods, I think we should all take the time to consider how we should integrate rich snippets into our carts.

I'm a rookie when it comes to modifying how my content should look... Any idea on how I might add properties (schema calls them itemprop) next to my product's specific Titles, Descriptions, and Images? Should I be looking in the template.ascx file?

Thanks in advance!
    Justin

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

We've actually been looking into that a bit lately ourselves. Nothing definite yet, but there might be something on the horizon in that area.

There's also some info from a customer of ours who's using rich snippets pretty well in this thread.

As for how to add those....I imagine XML packages are going to be a better place to start than the template file.

Thank you, sir!

Skriver is offline Senior Member

Hi

Anyone else managed to make progress on this?

Adding schema into the product page templates ain't no thing but a chickin wing. That's the easy part. This was processed several months ago, however, and despite Google's Rich Snippet testing tool telling me everything is kosher - the SERPs are yet to change.

I suggest verifying that others in your industry / your competitors are using rich snippets AND seeing results first before doing this yourself. It may all be for nothing (like my case) or it might work!