Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Questions about rules

medsupply is offline Senior Member

Default Questions about rules

I finally had the chance to peruse with DotFeed. It's a pretty slick and powerful tool. I have a couple of questions and suggestions:

1- How can I concatenate data to show in a feed column? i.e.: Product description + Variant Description. If not possible, I would like to suggest this as a feature for the tool.

2- Does DotFeed only work with Published=1 products?. I did not see any rules that depends on the Published flag.

3- How do I show one of the Product extension data fields as the UPC column in the feed? We need to populate the gtin column.

4- Google has guidelines for length of product titles. Does the tool truncates the titles after a certain number of characters? If not, it would be a cool option.

5- Is the image link column data coming from the product image or the variant?

Thanks!
    Last edited by medsupply; 12-14-2011 at 03:29 AM.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Mia is offline Administrator

Default Answers

1 - That's tricky, it depends a bit on what you're trying to concatenate. You can only concatenate a field with another if one of them is the original match on the rule, and the other is the one you're setting.

For example:

If*ALL*of the following are true:
    Variant Description*Matches*This product is purple*
    then*set*description*=*{current}{original}

By default the description we output comes from the product, so that's {current}. {original} tells it to add the value of what you matched on (Variant Description) to the end of what we're outputting

2 - We only pull products that would actually appear on the site, yes. Published, not deleted, in-stock (if you're hiding by inventory levels), etc

3 - Do a rule like this (all 5 ExtensionData fields are accessible):

If*ALL*of the following are true:
    ProductExtensionData*Matches***
    then*set*gtin*=*{original}

4 - DotFeed does not currently truncate. We will consider your suggestion, thanks very much.

5 - The medium product image is being used by default. You can override that with rules if desired.

jjg544 is offline Junior Member

Default What about setting a Feed Field to a storefront field?

For example. I if Product ManufacturerPartNumber = See Dropdown I would like to set mpn to Variant ManufacturerPartNumber.
    Josiah Garber
    Respiratory Equipment and Supplies
    MultiStore 9.1.0.1

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I'm not quite sure if I understand the question, you seemed like referring to a "Dropdown"...but if you want to map Variant ManufacturerPartNumber into mpm attribute, that's possible yes.

You'd do it like this:
    If variant ManufacturerPartNumber matches ?*
    then set mpn = {original}

jjg544 is offline Junior Member

Default Almost what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    I'm not quite sure if I understand the question, you seemed like referring to a "Dropdown"...but if you want to map Variant ManufacturerPartNumber into mpm attribute, that's possible yes.

You'd do it like this:
    If variant ManufacturerPartNumber matches ?*
    then set mpn = {original}
    Something like this is was I am looking for.

If product ManufacturerPartNumber matches ?*
    then set mpn = variant ManufacturerPartNumber

Do you see what I mean?
    Josiah Garber
    Respiratory Equipment and Supplies
    MultiStore 9.1.0.1

First off, you need to check whether variant mpn has value before mapping it into mpn attribute. You don't want to store empty values into mpn, right?

To do that, add this rule:

If ALL of the following are true:
    Variant ManufacturerPartNumber Matches ?*
    and Product ManufacturerPartNumber Matches ?*
    Then set mpn = {original}

The above rule has two matching fields but the {original} token will sticks in only the value of the first field you were matching on for that rule, in that case it's the variant manufacturerpartnumber.

medsupply is offline Senior Member

I would actually like to set the product name= product name + variant mpn

Add a rule something like:
    If Product ManufacturerPartNumber matches ?*
    then set Title = {current} - {original}
    Last edited by ASPAlfred; 04-30-2012 at 06:39 PM.