Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Invalid Coupon Codes

CNIZZ is offline Junior Member

Default Invalid Coupon Codes

Hey all, just launched our site over the weekend and still learning the configs. I have numerous coupon codes activated, but there are several that return "YOU HAVE ENTERED AN INVALID COUPON CODE" at checkout, despite being set to the same exact settings as other active coupons. I am not sure what settings need to be changed in order to have these codes activated?

-Both codes use acceptable characters
    -Both are assigned the same coupon type as defined by us
    -Both contain the same expiration date
    -The descriptions vary based on name
    -The discount percents are the same at 5.000
    -The Discount Amounts are both set to $0.00
    -Discount Includes Free Shipping: No
    -Expires On First Usage By Any Customer: No
    -Expires After One Usage By Each Customer: No

The rest of the settings are blank.

Neither have been mapped to the store. I tried mapping to the store and updating, but it had no effect. I also tried resetting the cache to no avail.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We have found that these codes are activating, but the activation period seems to take anywhere from 1-2 hours after the code is created regardless of whether we reset the cache or clear cookies.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

If using Multi Store you need to map the coupons to the store under Store Maintenence and not the actual coupon page. This is a bug that we have and you also may have there.

Reset the cache once you have done so.

Thanks for the advice, I will see if that resolves the issue immediately!