Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Need Help with simple SQL script to Add MPN's to my Database for Feed

sidener is offline Junior Member

Question Need Help with simple SQL script to Add MPN's to my Database for Feed

Hi, I am hoping someone can help me. I don't know much about SQL, but I need to get a whole bunch of MPN's imported into my database to make Google Feed Happy. I have about 4500 products and variants that all need a MPN. I created all of my products over the years and never used teh MPN (Manufacturers part number) field. Now I need that field for the feed mapping.

Here is my problem. I have a xls spreadsheet with 3 columns: ProductID, VariantID, and MPN. I need a simple way to upload these MPN's into my database without screwing up anything else.

I think this should be a very simple SQL script and I am hoping someone else has had to do something similar.

Thanks!

Scott

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

OK, assuming that you don't have multivariant products & that you have something that looks like this :-

Enter the following code (exactly) into cell D2 :-

C#/VB.NET Code:
    ="UPDATE Product SET ManufacturerPartNumber = '"&C2&"' WHERE ProductID = "&A2&";" 
    & the following into E2 :-

C#/VB.NET Code:
    ="UPDATE ProductVariant SET ManufacturerPartNumber = '"&C2&"' WHERE VariantID = "&B2&";" 
    Then drag the formulas down & Bob's your Uncle.

TTFN

BFG

Thumbs up Thanks so much! one more quick question

Hi, Thanks so much, I think this is exactly what I need.

My next question is this: After I have created columns D & E. What do I do with the resulting excel file to actually perform the import?

I have used the Product import from excel before, but that uses a big template excel file with lots of other data in it.

Thanks again!

Scott

Default Ah, maybe this is how I should use the resultant file.

Is this the way to do it? I take Column D and copy it as text into a file and then run that as a SQL script on the database? Then copy Column E into a text file and do the same thing?

Scott

Thumbs up That worked like a charm!! Thanks!!

That worked like a charm!! Thanks!! Or, more like: That was the bee's knees.

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

No Worries - glad you got it done.

TTFN

BFG