Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Monitoring Inventory and Establishing Reorder Points

SGTH is offline Junior Member

Default Monitoring Inventory and Establishing Reorder Points

We currently have “ShowInventoryTable” AppConfig set to on and can view product inventory levels on a product by product basis and by variant.

We are looking for a solution to GLOBALLY manage/view ALL products on a single page view. Also seeking to establish "Reorder Points" that alert us when stock levels reach predetermined minimums. (Either by "flagging" items or by e-mail.)

Thanks.

Thumbs down

Thanks for all the help folks. I had read this forum was abysmal and now I know why.

esedirect is offline Senior Member

Since forum solutions are offered FREE sometimes it is difficult to offer advice because to some of us what a member asks of the forum would take a lot of work. You are asking for something which is not available out-of-the-box and so custom-design is involved.

Also, I would suggest that you wouldn't really want to call a page which loads all of your products. Certainly a lot of us have product lists into the thousands and waiting for that page to build would be a pain.

I would suggest that you prepare a spreadsheet with the data and use its forumla capabilities to prepare SQL statements which you could then fire at the database. Also, for emailing you when you reach your re-order points you could use triggers on the tables, such that when your levels drop below your level it sends you an email.

There are various examples within the forum of both of these ideas. I know, because I've posted about them before.

Alternatively you could offer to pay for a solution. I'm sure you'll get some other replies.
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!

Thank you esedirect. Straight talk and straight answers. I'm learning that with immense power comes responsibility and expertise I'm not fluent in. I'll need to hire someone more savvy than I to create my solutions, so be it.

You have made a new best friend. Thank you.

Cheers!