Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Need help creating new admin levels with restricted permissions/rights

darkalfx is offline Junior Member

Default Need help creating new admin levels with restricted permissions/rights

Greetings, I'm currently using AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.0.0/8.0.0.0

I don't have a lot of experience with storefront by itself, but I'm trying to create new admin levels. ( More specifically an admin level where the user can only modify/delete/create products )

I created a new menuData.xml file which contains the new restricted menu.

How would I go about creating the new admin level?

Thanks

P.S. If this is in the wrong section, please move it to the appropriate section.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

There are directions for this in the manual.

Next, go to your admin site, and under 'Users' --> 'View/Edit Customers' find the admin user you would like to restrict and click on their customer ID. At the bottom of the “Account & Contact Info” section in the “Notes” field, type in newmenu.xml (or whatever you named your file). That user’s account will now use that menu.

darkalfx is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    There are directions for this in the manual.
    Awesome thanks.

I have another question, I'd like to redirect the admin to the product manage section of the website upon landing on the backend homepage.

How would I go about doing that?

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

It's worth pointing out that this method is NOT secure & wouldn't stand up to any audit.

All this does is to remove the links from the menu - it in no way restricts access.

TTFN

BFG

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Any idea if this is possible in MS? Cannot seem to find the XML package that controls the admin screen.

deanfp is offline Senior Member