Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Excluding states from free shipping with RT; excluding products from coupons

Diana is offline Senior Member

Default Excluding states from free shipping with RT; excluding products from coupons

I need to set up discount ranges, depending on the order amount (for example: for orders < $100 - 10% off, for orders between $100 and $300 - 15% off AND free shipping, etc.) Coupons seem to be a good option; however I have a few questions:
    - I have to exclude certain states such as Alaska or Hawaii from free shipping. How can I do this if the site uses UPS? I need some guidance, since the ASPDNSF manual search facility really sucks (sorry). I cannot find any config forms for real time shipping methods in the admin.
    - I also have to exclude certain products (shipped via freight carrier) from free shipping and other products from any discount (free shipping included). Is there any straightforward way to do this in version 9.0.1.2? I could not find the "not valid for product(s)" field described here: http://blog.aspdotnetstorefront.com/...ating-coupons/ in the 9.0.1.2 admin. Is it included only in ML8 version, and not in the later versions? If custom programming can't be avoided, please let me know where in the (source) code I'll need to do any change. I'd like to tell my customer how much coding he'll have to pay

Thank you...

PowerProducts is offline Member

This is so important, someone must know of a fix for this. I installed Ava Tax 2 days ago and now i am unable to separate my free shipping from AK/HI/PR. I have no idea how i got it to work for the last 2 years. Anyways, someone needs to come up with a fix for this. ASP/VORTX... people have had this problem for years, this should have been a top priority issue for 9.1 or 9.2.
    Currently running 9.3 Multistore on 5 sites.