Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Yet another "BFG needs SQL help" thread...

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Default Yet another "BFG needs SQL help" thread...

Greetings All,

I'm trying to craft the following into a single query & wondered if anyone has done something close that I can tweak...

1. I need to return 3 x ProductIDs
    2. They must be published.
    3. They must have a stock level > 0 (assume we only have a single variant).
    4. The Product ID's should be determined as follows :-

A. Ideally they will be 3 random selections from a comma seperated list in the RelatedProducts field.
    B. If there aren't 3 (published & in stock) ProductIDs in the RelatedProducts field then they should be topped up with random (published & in stock) ProductIDs from the same Category.

Points to note :-

The RelatedProducts field can have anything from zero to 20+ comma separated ProductIDs.
    This will be running in an xmlpackage that is called from the product xmlpackage. Therefore I can pass in the current ProductID & the current CategoryID.

Erm.... Think that's it.

Problems I've hit are actually getting the string of comma seperated ProductIDs from the RelatedProduct field into a usable format i.e. numbers to use in a where clause..

I'd be grateful for any assistance you can offer.

TTFN

BFG

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

OK so I've done this - it's ugly but it gets the job done :-

in My product xmlpackage I call a new xmlpackage like so :-

C#/VB.NET Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:XmlPackage('xmltest2.xml.config', concat('related=', $RelatedProducts, '&amp;cat1=', $CAT))" disable-output-escaping="yes" /> 
    $RelatedProducts is the value of the RelatedProducts field
    &
    $CAT is the Category we're viewing the product in.

The new xmlpackage looks like this :-

C#/VB.NET Code:
    <package version="2.1" displayname="BFG merge related prods" debug="false" includeentityhelper="false" allowengine="true">

<
    query name="Related" rowElementName="Products">
    <
    sql>
    <![
    CDATA[

DECLARE @
    BFG varchar(600)

SET @BFG 

'SELECT TOP 3 ProductID FROM Product WHERE ProductID IN (' + @related ') AND Deleted = 0
        and Published = 1 ORDER BY newid()'

EXEC(@BFG )

]]>
    </
    sql>
            <
    queryparam paramname="@related" paramtype="runtime" requestparamname="related" sqlDataType="varchar" defvalue="0" validationpattern="" />
    </
    query>

<
    query name="CategoryRandom" rowElementName="Products">
            <
    sql>
                <![
    CDATA[
    SELECT TOP 3
        p
    .ProductID
    FROM Product p 
        join 
    [dbo].ProductCategory pc with (nolockon pc.productid p.productid
    WHERE p
    .Deleted 0

and p.Published and pc.CategoryID = @cat1 
    ORDER BY newid
    ()
                ]]>
            </
    sql>
            <
    queryparam paramname="@cat1" paramtype="runtime"   requestparamname="cat1" sqlDataType="int" defvalue="0" validationpattern="" />
        </
    query>

<
    PackageTransform>

<
    xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:aspdnsf="urn:aspdnsf" exclude-result-prefixes="aspdnsf">
    <
    xsl:output method="xml" omit-xml-declaration="yes" />

<
    xsl:param name="LocaleSetting" select="/root/Runtime/LocaleSetting" />

<
    xsl:template match="/">
    <
    xsl:param name="related"><xsl:apply-templates select="/root/Related/Products" /><xsl:if test="/root/Related/Products">,</xsl:if><xsl:apply-templates select="/root/CategoryRandom/Products" /></xsl:param>
    <
    xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:XmlPackage('three.random-new.xml.config', concat('related=', $related))" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    </
    xsl:template>

<
    xsl:template match="/root/Related/Products"><xsl:value-of select="concat(., substring(',', 1 div not(position()=last())))"/></xsl:template>
    <
    xsl:template match="/root/CategoryRandom/Products"><xsl:value-of select="concat(., substring(',', 1 div not(position()=last())))"/></xsl:template>

</
    xsl:stylesheet>
    </
    PackageTransform>
    </
    package
    You can see that I then call three.random-new.xml.config which pulls the top 3 like this :-

C#/VB.NET Code:
    <sql>
    <![
    CDATA[

DECLARE @
    BFG varchar(600)

SET @BFG 

'SELECT DISTINCT TOP 3 p.ProductID, pv.Inventory FROM Product p LEFT JOIN ProductVariant pv on p.ProductID = pv.ProductID WHERE p.ProductID IN (' + @related ') AND p.Published = 1 AND pv.Inventory > 0 '

EXEC(@BFG )

]]>
    </
    sql

TTFN

BFG