Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: DotFeed errors / questions

wkeithg is offline Member

Default DotFeed errors / questions

I don't know if it's Google or DotFeed, but somehow the same feed gets varying errors each week the feed is submitted.

This week I'm told:

1. All products need a Google Product Category. OK - how do I set ALL products to the same Google Product Category?
    2. Products that I'd thought I'd excluded from the feed through setting a rule are still submitted to Google. Now the rule reads "Set Exclude from Feed =". Equal what? True?
    3. For some reason, Google has a problem with one product's variant description being blank. It's always been blank. In fact, all 1000+ products in my feed have blank variant descriptions yet Google has an issue with just one. What I can do about it?

Thanks.

jo@vortx.com is offline Administrator

Thanks for asking these questions.

1) An easy way to set all products to have the same google_product_category would be as follows

if ProductID >= 1 , then google_product_category= Apparel & Accessories > Clothing > Tops > Sweaters

2) Exclude from Feed = True. (good guess. "1" and "yes" also work)

3) Variant description isn't something we feed, except as a substitute for the product description. Please can you share more information about the Google warning?

thanks
    Jo Benson
    COO
    Vortx / AspDotNetStorefront

wkeithg is offline Member

This week's problem is an XML formatting error, specifically "Error parsing/validating XML feed" [http://www.google.com/support/mercha...answer=160039].

The fact that the same feed has different errors every week makes me wonder whether Google is really this capricious about the feed.