Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: passing parameters to xmlpackages

cdarkloc is offline Member

Question passing parameters to xmlpackages

Hi got a question,

when I'm referencing an xmlpackage in the template, like this:

Code:
    <%$ Tokens:XMLPACKAGE, page.xmlpack.xml.config, parameter=value %>
    Is there anyway on earth to make the value dynamic, i.e. a variable of some sort, sort of like parameter=$value ?? does this make sense?

Please please please I need to make this value dynamic ...

ROBB is offline Senior Member

Default Dynamic parameter

What dynamic value are you trying to pass through?

cdarkloc is offline Member

Why does that matter? It's a value that is calculated by C# in the codebehind page, and needs to be passed to the xmlpackage if possible.

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Could the value be calculated within the xmlpackage? or is it available elsewhere? runtime? system? request?

It's trivial to pass a variable to another xmlpackage from within an xmlpackage.

C#/VB.NET Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:XmlPackage('packagename.xml.config', concat('PassedInVariable=', $Variable))" disable-output-escaping="yes" /> 

TTFN

BFG

paulofabiano is offline Junior Member

Is this possible?

<xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:XmlPackage('packagename.xml.config ', concat('PassedInVariable=', $Variable))" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

When I try to load a xmlPackage from other Package, I receive this error:

Exception=Access to the path 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\AspDotNetStorefront\Web\images \page.banners.xml.config_store.runtime.xsl' is denied.<br/>

And my xmlpackage in exactly in the same folder of the other one I using to call mine.

ROBB is offline Senior Member

Default Access Denied

Make sure your images directory grants read and write access to the .NET user account.

See this article: http://manual.aspdotnetstorefront.co...is-denied.aspx

The article defines the symptom as a result of trying to upload an image. However, I have also seen it applicable for the scenario you have described.

Let us know if that resolves the error.

paulofabiano is offline Junior Member

Hi ROBB,

The problem was the debug mode set to true, in my xmlpackage file. I changed it to false and it´s running fine now.

Thanks for the attention.

Att,
    Paulo