Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Shipping

scott_rider is offline Junior Member

Default Shipping

Is there a comprehensive guide to the shipping features in ADNSF? I've been looking for a way to restrict free shipping for foreign orders.

MarkASP is offline Junior Member

Default How to Set Free Shipping Options - guide required

Free Shipping these days is a common requirement, I too, spent several hours on the weekend trying to configure free shipping and restricting certain States/Countries - I read everything I could find Manual/Forum/Searches the information is all pretty weak, and not intuitive. A comprehensive step by step guide is required. If there is one out there do let us know.

My problem is that I want to have Free Shipping US Mainland and Real Time Rates for everyone else. Now that's where I think the problem lies, as you cannot easily mix these two - I did manage to get something working though;

My settings for "Free Shipping US Mainland Only, Any Order"

FreeShippingThreshold to 1 (this enables free shipping anything above zero - if I set this to $30 then all orders over $30 qualify for free shipping etc)
    FreeShippingAllowsRateSelection to True (this means that customers get presented with free shipping plus other shipping options so if they want it faster they can pay expedited)
    ShippingMethodIDIfFreeShippingIsOn (I then selected and inserted ID's from real time rates table for USPS First Class Mail and Priority Mail)

In my case I find that even in standard settings only mainland U.S. residents are offered First Class and Priority USPS (international people are offered First Class International etc) - anyone else gets presented all other methods which are not free.

This way a US resident gets presented with free shipping options - all other countries or locations get presented with chargeable shipping.

If anyone has a guide to shipping settings or has a better way of doing this please let us know