Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Alt Tags on Category Pages

Tom Cox is offline Senior Member

Default Alt Tags on Category Pages

Can anyone tell me how to add alt tags to img tags on a category page? We're still on version 7.1. I read some threads that discuss this but I need to know to do it.

Thanks,
    Tom

In another thread I see the following code snippet that was used to add the alt field to image tags. But it doesn't say where it goes. I looked in the xml format package but it didn't look like the right place.

Here is the code:
    <xsl:value-of select="substring-before(aspdnsf:LookupProductImage(ProductID, ImageFileNameOverride, SKU, 'icon', 0), '>')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    alt="<xsl:value-of select='Name' />" title="<xsl:value-of select='Name' />"
    <xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes"> / >
    </xsl:text>

Anyone know how I'd implement alt operatives in img tags for category pages?

Thanks,
    Tom

Can anyone help with some tips on how I can add Alt attributes to the img tags on Category pages?

Thanks,
    Tom Cox

Is no one using Alt attributes on Img tags on Category pages?