Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Server error

JasonTD is offline Member

Default Server error

Is anyone else getting a server error from their feed? Everything was working great for me, but last night when Google was scheduled to update my feed, it reported a 500 error. I went and checked the feed end-point (at dotfeed.aspdotnetstorefront.com), and sure enough there's a 500 Server Error. It's still down this morning.

I'm just wondering whether this is a Dotfeed-wide error or if something just happened to my feed in particular.

wkeithg is offline Member

I encountered the same error this morning.

When I hit the URL, I received the following:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
    Location: http://dotfeed.aspdotnetstorefront.c...eProducts/xxxx
    Line Number 1, Column 1:
    Last edited by wkeithg; 10-23-2011 at 09:52 AM.

allenjarosz is offline Junior Member

Default Server error

Jason,
    I'm having the same problem.
    I just set my system up so I figured I had configured it incorrectly.
    I went back and looked at the Google categories to ensure I was mapping my products to corresponding Google categories, but that didn't fix the 500 error.
    To make a long story short, I'm having the same issue as you describe.

Allen

JasonTD is offline Member

It sounds like it's a general issue, then. I've been working on getting my feed content in compliance with Google lately, and having things wrong doesn't break the overall feed. It'll just show up as problems when Google reviews your feed each night. Hopefully this is rectified quickly, because having ongoing issues in the feed will cause Google to remove your overall products account. I have stuff that needs fixing, and I have fixed it in my actual site database, but now the feed can't update. Without seeing my updates, Google will continue counting down to my extermination, which basically would put me out of business.

refrigerantcomp is offline Junior Member

I am having the same error, too. What remedy or how do I fix these error. Thanks.

jonath6 is offline Junior Member

I was getting this error as well. I determined it was a result of my 10 day free trial ending.

jo@vortx.com is offline Administrator

A number of people are choosing to ignore the two messages we send to warn of trial expiry, and we hate it that the end result is downtime for you. Perhaps we need to try sending from a specific DotFeed address to save these very real warnings from being lost in the noise.
    Jo Benson
    COO
    Vortx / AspDotNetStorefront