Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: navigation issue

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Default navigation issue

I am trying to output column category navigation but I cannot get the xmlpackage to output what I want. I tried the following code but it errors on the if for position() mod 10 because I have </ul><ul> and that's not valid html. Any suggestions?

Code:
                    <ul>
                      <xsl:for-each select="/root/EntityHelpers/Category/descendant::Entity[ParentEntityID=$EntityID]">
                        <li>
                          <a href="{aspdnsf:EntityLink(EntityID, SEName, 'category', 0, '')}" title="{Name}">
                            <xsl:value-of select="Name" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
                          </a>
                        </li>
                        <xsl:if test="position() mod 10"></ul><ul></xsl:if>
                      </xsl:for-each>
                    </ul>

I ended up using the following:

Code:
    <xsl:if test="position() mod 10 = 1">
                      <ul>
                        <xsl:for-each select=". | following-sibling::*[position() &lt; 10]">
                          <li>
                            <a href="{aspdnsf:EntityLink(EntityID, SEName, 'category', 0, '')}" title="{Name}">
                              <xsl:value-of select="Name" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
                            </a>
                          </li>
                        </xsl:for-each>
                      </ul>
                      </xsl:if>

larry is offline Junior Member

Default Horizontal Navigation Menu ... How To show Categories and nothing else

Apologies if this is answered somewhere else and I missed it.

I'm currently modifying page.menu.xml in order to get Categories items to show as the top line, with each having submenu links to their appropriate products. Only thing my customer wants on top nav bar is his twelve different categories (no Manufacturers, etc.). He doesn't want "Categories" to show there, just the various categories.

I'm doing this by hard-coding the XML with sub-menus for each product. There has to be a better way. I don't want to have to modify page.menu.xml every time he adds a product to one of his categories.

Thanks in advance.

(upgrading this week to Multistore)

Here is how I ended up listing the current category and it's 1st level sub categories. If I'm at the lowest subcategory, I just list all the categories at the same level.

http://forums.aspdotnetstorefront.co...475#post109475