Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How do i changed variant products to kit products?

PD24 is offline Junior Member

Default How do i changed variant products to kit products?

I would like to convert the varient products to kit products.

What tables in the database do i need to change?

I need a process of what needs changing so that i can write a script.

Thanks in advance.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

There's not really much to making a product a kit product - just set the 'Is a kit' flag on the parent product to true.

Beyond that I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting to 'convert' - a product is either a kit or it's not, that's just a flag. Most variant attributes will be ignored once that's true, and any variants beyond the default will be ignored. There's nothing really to 'convert' or carry over.

PD24 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott View Post
    There's not really much to making a product a kit product - just set the 'Is a kit' flag on the parent product to true.

Beyond that I'm not sure exactly what you're wanting to 'convert' - a product is either a kit or it's not, that's just a flag. Most variant attributes will be ignored once that's true, and any variants beyond the default will be ignored. There's nothing really to 'convert' or carry over.
    Hi,

i have created product color attributes:

Pastel Blue,Pastel Pink,Gloss Silver[0.04],Gloss Gold[0.04]

But when i select Gloss Gold from the drop down list the price doesnt change and it still charges the default price.

Any ideas on how to fix this?