Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Retrieving Card Information

albert_tf is offline Member

Default Retrieving Card Information

Hello,
    We have customers that change their credit card information after they have placed an order. How can we retrieve that new number? In the customer information it only shows the last 4 digits.

Thank you!
    Albert

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Have you looked under the Billing field under Orders?

Yes, their old card number is there.

What I am talking about is when someone places an order and that card has to be replaced. The customer logs on and changes their primary card number, but it does not get changed on the order. The new card number is there, but we can only retrieve the last four digits.

Thanks,
    Albert

If the storecc is set to true then whatever card number is used with the order should be stored. As far as I recall its card per order not actually with the customer record.

Refresh the cache and see if the number then shows up under the billing tab.

Thanks for the response. That didn't work. You are correct that the card information is stored with the order. But when the card is changed by the customer there doesn't seem to be any way to retrieve the new number. The old number appears with the order.

We will have to look at some other alternatives.

Take care,
    Albert

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

If a customer updates their stored credit card information, they're updating that at the account level. That isn't going to go through and update orders that were placed previously, as that wouldn't be valid - that's not the card the order was placed with.

You would need to be looking at the card information stored on the customers' accounts, not their orders, to get any data they may have changed after placing an order.

Yes, thanks. The new card information is stored with the customer account, but only the last four digits. Is there a way to show the complete number?

Thanks,
    Albert

Are you viewing the customer or billing record as admin or super admin?

Yes, I double checked and I was logged on as super admin. I will reset one account to admin and try it.

Thank you,
    Albert

Ok, I logged in as both admin and super admin and can't read it.

Thanks,
    Albert

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

"You can't read it" as in you only see the 4 digits, or "can't read it" as in it's a bunch of 'random' characters?

If it's only the last 4 digits, the customer probably chose not to store their CC information during checkout. Remember that customers always have that option, as that's a PCI requirement.

If you see 'garbled' text, then your EncryptKey changed at some point and the old data wasn't updated, and you're not able to view that information anymore. That would require a DB restore from before the change to recover from.

Keep in mind also what we said earlier - a customer updating their CC information does not update the order record. Looking at their old order is never going to show you the new number, that would only be on their account, in the database.

Only stars (*) and the last four digits. I will check some other customers to see if I can see their numbers from their account.

We mainly accept purchase orders, so this one is a bit new for us.

Thank you,
    Albert