Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Can WSI create Manufacturers via Add Product/Mappiing node?

bdamore is offline Member

Default Can WSI create Manufacturers via Add Product/Mappiing node?

I have a console app pushing changes from a client's offsite DB into DNSF. I have done this before, but previously I had used the Excel import file method to get the base products in, then use a console app for updating.
    This time, it's different. Doesn't really make sense in this project to create an import file since the app does it all anyway. However, I noticed when I try to app a Mapping in WSI via the following, it doesn't create the Manufacturers... is ther a way WSI cna create manufacturers by just creating a mapping? (it works that way in the Excel import file emethod):
    Code:
     XMLToSendToWSICreateNewProduct += "<Mappings AutoCleanup=\"0\">";
                            XMLToSendToWSICreateNewProduct += "<Entity EntityType=\"Category\" Name=\"Products To Map\" XPath=\"\" ID=\"\" GUID=\"\" DisplayOrder=\"1\"/>";
                            XMLToSendToWSICreateNewProduct += "<Entity EntityType=\"Distributor\" Name=\"Dist1\" XPath=\"\" ID=\"\" GUID=\"\" DisplayOrder=\"1\"/>";
                            XMLToSendToWSICreateNewProduct += "<Entity EntityType=\"Manufacturer\" Name=\"" + vManufacturer + "\" XPath=\"\" ID=\"\" GUID=\"\" DisplayOrder=\"\"/>";
                            XMLToSendToWSICreateNewProduct += "</Mappings>";

ebijs is offline Junior Member

This one is working for us :

"<![CDATA[<Entity EntityType=""Manufacturer"" XPath=""" & brand & """ DisplayOrder=""" & DisplayOrder & """ />]]>"

I'll think you don't need to fill the 'Name' but only 'Xpath'.