Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: TRANSACTION MODE Question

jrlangley is offline Junior Member

Default TRANSACTION MODE Question

I just set up PayPal as a payment method for my site, and the transaction mode was changed on me. Because of the way my company does things, we don't want the credit cards/PayPal account to be charged at the time of the transaction, rather we want to just collect the information that we need to charge it out once we have figured shipping and such, and charge it out at the time of shipping.

What transaction mode do I need to set for this to occur? I have it set to CAPTURE currently, and think that's right, but I'm not 100% sure.

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

We currently we have the same setup on one of our clients. They only want to store the details and then capture the funds when goods are shipped.

To do this you need to set the store to AUTH (authorised the transactions but do not capture it.)

Depending what version of the PayPal checkout you are using you may not be able to do AUTH. If you are using the boomerang version (when they are checking out they are taken to PayPal's website then they return to your website.) you have to CAPTURE at the time of ordering. I am unsure about the integrated PayPal checkout as we have never used it.

The transaction mode you want to be using is AUTH.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience