Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Want to Change TopNav Menu Text

jrlangley is offline Junior Member

Default Want to Change TopNav Menu Text

My site, www.paragoncorvette.com, is built on ML 7.1.1.0. I want to add another drop down menu to the top navigation, but I'm not sure what files I need to edit to do it? Does anyone have any ideas?

I edited /skins/skin_1/menuData.xml, I know that's where I need to add the code with links and such, but when I refreshed the site, it blew up. Is there another file I need to edit as well?

omairkha is offline Member

Hi,

I'm not sure about v7, but in v9 it actually gets the menu data from /web/XmlPackages/page.menu.xml.config

perhaps there is a similar file in v7

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Since ML7 isn't support anymore, and thus is not being updated for PCI compliance, you might want to consider upgrading.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

brightspectrum is offline Member

You may just have a malformed XML tag. XML is very unforgiving when it comes to broken or nested tags. Try running it through and XML validator.
    Chidozie Bright
    Bright Spectrum Inc
    Bright Ideas. Creative Solutions