Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: PageName / QueryString & URL Rewrite

j4sander is offline Junior Member

Default PageName / QueryString & URL Rewrite

I am trying to upgrade a site from ML 8.0.1.2 to MultiSite 9.2, and am running into an issue with the URL Rewriter. /root/System/PageName is now returning the SEO friendly URL (c-266-recipes.aspx) where it used to be the file name (showcategory.aspx). The QueryString collection is also empty now, so I can't (easily) get to the CategoryId. I have confirmed this using XmlPackage.DumpTransform on both versions, on the same server.

I haven't seen this change in any of the documentation, is this the expected behaviour? Is there a new way to get at these kinds of values?

Thanks.

LarryW is offline Junior Member

Exclamation OK, Time for an answer on this one.

I figured that this would have been addressed immediately since it is a major regression. Please give us some guidance on how to work around the issue or let us know when a fix will be available.

LarryW is offline Junior Member

Default Anyone?

Please answer this.

fooster is offline Member

I have also found this- the page name bug is really annoying in my custom XML packages

Hopefully someone from ASPDNSF can chime in- or maybe someone with an alternative option/fix?