Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Display Variant extension Data

medsupply is offline Senior Member

Default Display Variant extension Data

I would like to display the variant ext data info in the VariantsInRightBar XML package. I am able to display them at the product level but not at the variant level.

Thsis is what I am doing:

<xsl:template match="Variant">
    <xslaram name="vExtensionData" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(ExtensionData)"></xslaram>

Then, where data is displayed:

<xsl:value-of select="$vExtensionData" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

I believe the SQL query at the top of the package pulls the info for the product but not the variants.

Can somebody please help me with the missing query?

Thanks!
    Last edited by medsupply; 09-19-2011 at 11:50 AM.

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

Yes, you're correct - the VariantsInRightBar XML uses the stored procedure 'aspdnsf_ProductInfo' to retrieve the product and variant fields. This stored procedure does retrieve all of the product fields but not all of the variant fields and the Variant's ExtensionData field is one that's missing.

To fix this, you just need to edit the aspdnsf_ProductInfo procedure and get it to bring back pv.ExtensionData. Because there is already a product ExtensionData field, you'll need to give it a unique name, something like this:

pv.name VariantName, pv.ExtensionData vXdata, pv.Price,

Then use the same XML as you have already but change the name to vXdata (based on the above example) like this:

Code:
    <xsl:param name="vExtensionData" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(vXData)"></xsl:param>

medsupply is offline Senior Member

Webopius, I appreciate your help but sorry, you are going to make it more "dummy proof" than that.

I am a total newbie and a non-programmer trying to "hack" the XML package :-)

Lol, I'm afraid I don't have the skills to strip down the steps much more than this.

It might be better to contact an ASPDotNetStorefront developer to do this for you - it's only going to take about 15 mins to write assuming access to your database and web server.

By all means get in touch!
    Adam

btappan2 is offline Member

I added the code in red below to product.variantsingrid template trying to display the data in extensiondata2, my label "Loc" for location shows, but no extensiondata next to it, if i query the db for that field "downstairs" is there, but it won't show in the product display, any ideas?

Code:
    pv.Description as VariantDescription, pv.name VariantName, pv.ExtensionData2 vXdata, pv.skusuffix, pv.Price,

Code:
                <xsl:template name="VariantCell">
                    <xsl:param name="pName" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(/root/Products/Product/Name)"></xsl:param>
                    <xsl:param name="pSKU" select="/root/Products/Product/SKU"></xsl:param>
                    <xsl:param name="HidePriceUntilCart" select="/root/Products/Product/HidePriceUntilCart"></xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="vName" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(VariantName)"></xsl:param>
                    <xsl:param name="vDescription" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(VariantDescription)"></xsl:param>
                    <xsl:param name="pSalesPromptName" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(/root/Products/Product/SalesPromptName)"></xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="vExtensionData2" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(vXData)"></xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="pSEAltText" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(SEAltText)"></xsl:param>
                    <xsl:param name="AltText">
                        <xsl:choose>
                            <xsl:when test="$pSEAltText='' and $vName!=''"><xsl:value-of select="$vName" /></xsl:when>
                            <xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of select="$pSEAltText" /></xsl:otherwise>
                        </xsl:choose>
                    </xsl:param>
    Code:
    <tr><td><font class="SmallGridText"><xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('showproduct.aspx.21', $LocaleSetting)" disable-output-escaping="yes" /><xsl:value-of select="concat($pSKU, skusuffix)" /></font></td></tr>
                            <xsl:if test="$vDescription!=''"><tr><td><xsl:value-of select="$vDescription" disable-output-escaping="yes" /></td></tr></xsl:if>
                            <xsl:if test="Weight!=''"><tr><td><font class="SmallGridText"><xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('showproduct.aspx.24', $LocaleSetting)" disable-output-escaping="yes" /><xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:FormatDecimal(Weight, 2)" /></font></td></tr></xsl:if>
                            <xsl:if test="Dimensions!=''"><tr><td><font class="SmallGridText"><xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('showproduct.aspx.23', $LocaleSetting)" disable-output-escaping="yes" /><xsl:value-of select="Dimensions" /></font></td></tr></xsl:if>                        
    			<tr><td><font class="SmallGridText">Loc<xsl:value-of select="$vExtensionData2" disable-output-escaping="yes" /></font></td></tr>

Hi

The ExtensionData2 column is in the Product table isn't it?

From your code, it looks like you are trying to retrieve it from the ProductVariant table:
    pv.ExtensionData2 vXdata

If you change this from ProductVariant (pv) to Product (p), I think it will work...
    p.ExtensionData2 vXdata

Adam

Nope, extensiondata2 also exists in the Product.Variant table, so does 3,4, and 5. take a look at the attached screen shot and you'll see the extensiondata2 field is poplulated too. I used the following query to populate it:

UPDATE productvariant set extensiondata2 = 'UPSTAIRS' where variantid = 1297

and this to retrieve it:

SELECT extensiondata2 FROM productvariant where variantid = 1297

What I am trying to do here is store warehouse locations at the variant level, the same way inventory counts are stored at the variant level. Since some of our variants are stored in different locations i.e. "new" - here, "used" - over there, we must do this at the variant level. will the extensiondata2 field play okay with "-" and "," in it? some of our shelf #'s contain those characters. I also tried it with just extensiondata, without the 2, and it still won't display the field with my code above.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by btappan2; 08-30-2012 at 05:33 AM.

Do i need a closing tag for the <xsl:value-of select="$vExtensionData2" disable-output-escaping="yes" /> ??

GoVedia is offline Member

Default Casing

@btappan2,

It appears that you are already closing off value-of element correctly. However, I do see a potential issue with your casing (vXdata vs vxData).

Make sure you have the same casing for your column name here:
    pv.ExtensionData2 vXdata
    And here:
    <xslaram name="vExtensionData2" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(vXData)"></xslaram>

Let me know if that does works out for you.

Robert

I found that pv.ExtensionData2 vXdata can't be added to successfully to the procedure, it returns nothing in debug for some reason. So I dropped the 2 everywhere.

with debug on, I see the "UPSTAIRS" making it through:

Code:
      <Variants>
        <Variant>
          <SEAltText>FACTORY NEW</SEAltText>
          <VariantID>1297</VariantID>
          <ProductID>433</ProductID>
          <VariantDescription />
          <VariantName>FACTORY NEW</VariantName>
          <vXdata>UPSTAIRS</vXdata>
          <skusuffix>-FNP</skusuffix>
          <Price>0.0000</Price>
          <SalePrice>0.0000</SalePric
    Here is what my code looks like:
    Code:
    pv.Description as VariantDescription, pv.name VariantName, pv.ExtensionData vXdata, pv.skusuffix, pv.Price,
    Code:
    <xsl:template name="VariantCell">
                    <xsl:param name="pName" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(/root/Products/Product/Name)"></xsl:param>
                    <xsl:param name="pSKU" select="/root/Products/Product/SKU"></xsl:param>
                    <xsl:param name="HidePriceUntilCart" select="/root/Products/Product/HidePriceUntilCart"></xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="vName" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(VariantName)"></xsl:param>
                    <xsl:param name="vDescription" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(VariantDescription)"></xsl:param>
                    <xsl:param name="pSalesPromptName" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(/root/Products/Product/SalesPromptName)"></xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="vExtensionData" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(vXData)"></xsl:param>

<xsl:param name="pSEAltText" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(SEAltText)"></xsl:param>
                    <xsl:param name="AltText">
                        <xsl:choose>
                            <xsl:when test="$pSEAltText='' and $vName!=''"><xsl:value-of select="$vName" /></xsl:when>
                            <xsl:otherwise><xsl:value-of select="$pSEAltText" /></xsl:otherwise>
                        </xsl:choose>
                    </xsl:param>
    Code:
    <tr><td><font class="SmallGridText"><xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('showproduct.aspx.21', $LocaleSetting)" disable-output-escaping="yes" /><xsl:value-of select="concat($pSKU, skusuffix)" /></font></td></tr>
                            <xsl:if test="$vDescription!=''"><tr><td><xsl:value-of select="$vDescription" disable-output-escaping="yes" /></td></tr></xsl:if>
                            <xsl:if test="Weight!=''"><tr><td><font class="SmallGridText"><xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('showproduct.aspx.24', $LocaleSetting)" disable-output-escaping="yes" /><xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:FormatDecimal(Weight, 2)" /></font></td></tr></xsl:if>
                            <xsl:if test="Dimensions!=''"><tr><td><font class="SmallGridText"><xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('showproduct.aspx.23', $LocaleSetting)" disable-output-escaping="yes" /><xsl:value-of select="Dimensions" /></font></td></tr></xsl:if>                        
    			<tr><td><font class="SmallGridText">Loc<xsl:value-of select="$vExtensionData" disable-output-escaping="yes" /></font></td></tr>
    I still don't get the "UPSTAIRS" returned on the product page. Anybody? is my syntax wrong?
    Last edited by btappan2; 10-02-2012 at 10:15 AM. Reason: highlight

GoVedia is offline Member

Default Casing

Check your casing on vxdata. It is inconsistent.

Change:
    Code:
    To:
    Code:
    <xsl:param name="vExtensionData" select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue(vXdata)"></xsl:param>
    Robert
    Last edited by GoVedia; 10-02-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Dang, so simple! Thanks so much for pointing that out, guess I needed another set of eyes.