Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Search and AdvancedSearch XMLpackage minor bug

fsantos is offline Senior Member

Question Search and AdvancedSearch XMLpackage minor bug

[I'm using Multistore 9.2 but this code is probably the same on other versions]

When using more than one locale, there seems to be a minor bug with the Search and AdvancedSearch XMLpackages.

I'm using two locales and the Manufacturer name on the product lines found displays the text for the 2 locales I'm using.

The code that output the text is this:

Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:ManufacturerLink(ManufacturerID, ManufacturerSEName, 1, ManufacturerName)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    I can't understand why this is outputing the text for the 2 locales. Anyone can give me some help?

Thanks!

fsantos

fsantos is offline Senior Member

Thumbs up

Another one solved! Easy fix! Very easy! My problem as always is being such a newbie at XPATH and XSLT and ADNSF

You can solve it this way:

1- You must edit page.search.xml.config and page.searchadv.xml.config. Look for the following code:

Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:ManufacturerLink(ManufacturerID, ManufacturerSEName, 1, ManufacturerName)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    Replace it with:

Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:ManufacturerLink(ManufacturerID, ManufacturerSEName, 1, aspdnsf:GetMLValue(ManufacturerName))" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    Basically it was just calling the aspdnsf:GetMLValue() on the ManufacturerName.

fsantos