Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How Can We remove our skus from showing in search results and reciepts

ross is offline Junior Member

Default How Can We remove our skus from showing in search results and reciepts

We want to remove the sku code from our search results and reciepts does anyone no how to do this or have done this before

campbelt101 is offline Member

I was just getting ready to look into this exact issue. I noticed in our Googles Webmaster Tools > Keywords there are a couple of terms that shouldn't be there. They include the words "price", "policy", "stock", "weight", "quantity", and "sku".

I can't get rid of all of them, but I can get rid of some of them. I'm hoping to have it finished today. I'll post what I find out.

What I'm doing won't take care of the SKU in the reciepts though. That will be a different XmlPackage.
    Last edited by campbelt101; 09-14-2011 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    We want to remove the sku code from our search results and reciepts does anyone no how to do this or have done this before
    Just to be sure, by search I'm assuming you mean Google, Bing etc...

If so, what you need to do is edit the Display Format Xml Packages that you use. We use the product.VariantsInGrid.xml.config. You can figure out which ones you are using by looking at the Add/Edit Product page admin for a given product.

I'll use the product.VariantsInGrid.xml.config file as an example though.

Starting at line 245 you find the following (I've reformatted it for easier reading, it may look slightly different to you)

Code:
                          <tr>
                              <td>
                                <font class="SmallGridText"><xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('showproduct.aspx.21', $LocaleSetting)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
                                <xsl:value-of select="concat($pSKU, skusuffix)" />
                                </font>
                              </td>
                            </tr>

<xsl:if test="$vDescription!=''">
                              <tr>
                                <td>
                                  <xsl:value-of select="$vDescription" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
                                </td>
                              </tr>
                            </xsl:if>
                            <xsl:if test="Weight!=''">
                              <tr>
                                <td>
                                  <font class="SmallGridText"><xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('showproduct.aspx.24', $LocaleSetting)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
                                  <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:FormatDecimal(Weight, 2)" />
                                  </font>
                                </td>
                              </tr>
                            <xsl:if test="Dimensions!=''">
                              <tr>
                                <td>
                                  <font class="SmallGridText">
                                    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('showproduct.aspx.23', $LocaleSetting)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
                                    <xsl:value-of select="Dimensions" />
                                  </font>
                                </td>
                              </tr>
    All you need to do is comment out what you don't want. Comments begin with:
    Code:
    <!--
    and end with:
    Code:
    -->

ross is offline Junior Member

ok thanks i take a look , you also might be able to help with this i have anylitics set up but eccomerce is not tracking any ideas why this would not work?

Quote Originally Posted by ross View Post
    ok thanks i take a look , you also might be able to help with this i have anylitics set up but eccomerce is not tracking any ideas why this would not work?
    I have the exact same stupid problem... the sucky part is that I had ecommerce working but analytics was broke. I got analytics fixed and the fix broke ecommerce.

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

With Google Analytics read through the manual to get it all setup correctly.

ASPDNSF Ver 7 Google Analytics
    ASPDNSF Ver ML8 Google Analytics
    ASPDNSF Ver MSx(Multistore) Google Analytics

Hope thet it helps. Just click on the version you are currently running and it will guide you through.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience