Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Recently Restocked Products

campbelt101 is offline Member

Default Recently Restocked Products

I'm looking for some input into how to create a page that will show items that have been recently restocked. This would be for products/variants that are already in the store and were at zero, but now have a quantity greater than zero.

It seems that AspDotNetStorefront has an idea, because I've got my Outlook reading our Google Feed and when an item is restocked it shows up in that feed at the top of the feed.

Can I duplicate this in a page.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

No suggestions?

I had a thought on how I might do this, but I'm going to wait until I install 9.2.

I may cause problem, so I'll probably have to test this. Any comments (or reason why this might not work) would be helpful. I don't have the source code to go look for potential issues.

I was thinking of adding a field to the productvariant table call DateInventoryLastAdded.

Then I was going to add an OnUpdate trigger. Check to see if the new inventory amount is higher than the old inventory amount, and if it is update the DateInventoryLastAdded field with the current date and time.

I could also send the info from the Update trigger to another table, that might be better to avoid any potential locking issues.

Anyone know of any reasons why this wouldn't work?