Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Moving "Email a Friend" link on Product Page

Dsh is offline Junior Member

Default Moving "Email a Friend" link on Product Page

Thanks in advanced for any help.

I want to move the "Email a Friend" link on the product page down below the "Add to Cart" button. See the attached image for what I am trying to do. I have looked at the XML packages for all of the packages related to products, and found the section where the reference to "Email a Friend" is located. I'm still struggling to figure out how to do this simple task. If I delete the XML attribute for the EmailAFriend, the link still appears.

I do not have the source code, and I realize I can completely hide the link using APPCONFIGS but I simply want to move it.

Any help would be appreciated.

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Hi

Cannot see an attachment. Also let us know what version of ASPDNSF you are using.

Thanks

cjbarth is offline Senior Member

Links such as that will either be in the template or the XML package for the product. Either of those can be edited without having purchased the source code.
    ML9.3.1.1
    SQL 2012 Express
    VS 2010
    Azure VM

campbelt101 is offline Member

If you are using V9 this should work.

First you need to identity what Display Format XML Package you are using and wish to change. You can find this by going to the product's Add/Edit Product page.

Mine is called "product.variantsingrid.xml.config". The default file is located in /Web/XMLPackage/

Find this section:
    Code:
    <td align="left" valign="top" width="40%">
         <div  class="ProductNameText">
              <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:Decode($pName)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
          </div>
          <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:ProductSpecsLink(ProductID, SpecsInline, SpecTitle, SKU, SpecCall)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
          <br/>
          <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:EmailProductToFriend(ProductID, $CatID)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
          <div align="left">
          <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:Decode($pDescription)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
          </div>
          <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:ShowQuantityDiscountTable(ProductID)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
          <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:ShowInventoryTable(ProductID)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    </td>
    I changed mine to read:
    Code:
    <td align="left" valign="top" width="40%">
         <div  class="ProductNameText">
              <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:Decode($pName)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
         </div>
         <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:ProductSpecsLink(ProductID, SpecsInline, SpecTitle, SKU, SpecCall)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
        <br/>

<div align="left">
         <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:Decode($pDescription)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
         </div> 
         <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:ShowQuantityDiscountTable(ProductID)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
         <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:ShowInventoryTable(ProductID)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
         <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:EmailProductToFriend(ProductID, $CatID)" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
         </td> 
    </tr>
    This moved it down to below the description.

You'll need to modify each of the Display Format Xml Packages that you use.