Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Entity Description

fsantos is offline Senior Member

Question Entity Description

Can anyone please help me with the code to get an Entity Description?

I was able to figure out that I can use the code below to get the Entity picture

Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:LookupImage($EntityName, $EntityID,'','','icon')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    What would be a similar code to get just the Description?

I know I can use EntityPageHeaderDescription, but the format it comes out is not the one that I need.

Thanks for your help,

fsantos

I found on a different thread some information on how to get the entity description

Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="/root/EntityHelpers/*[name()=$EntityName]/descendant::Entity[EntityID=$EntityID]/Description" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>
    However, we are using two locales, and the code above gives me the description for both locales and not for the current one.

Anyone knows how to get just the correct locale description?

Thanks again

fsantos

Smile

well, I found the answer myself. here it is just in case someone needs it:

Code:
    <xsl:value-of select="/root/EntityHelpers/*[name()=$EntityName]/descendant::Entity[EntityID=$EntityID]/Description/ml/locale[@name=$LocaleSetting]" disable-output-escaping="yes"/>

tonya is offline Junior Member

Default Summary Field

Would the same code hold true for the Summary field just substituting Summary for Description? We are wanting to add additional content to the bottom of our Product Grid/Category page and are using the Description as a banner at the top and I was thinking that if I can find out how and where to insert the Summary code, it might do the trick. I am new to XSL and to ASPDNSF, so any guidance is appreciated! (Your posts seem very similiar to what I'm attempting to do is the reason I'm posting here.)

Thanks!

Tonya,

I really don't know... maybe someone else will jump in and give us some tip. I believe I saw on the mobile skin the summary being used, so eventually you can grab some code from the corresponding xml package.

Fsantos

Thank you for the feedback. I will take a look around and see if I can find the mobile skin XML. (At this point, any leads are welcome as I am not having much success modifying the XML/XSL myself. )

Thanks again for the response!

Default Summary from Mobile XML Package

I was able to find the following snippet of xsl in the mobile.product.default.xml packages; however, I am still not able to get it to work on the category/product grid page. Having given up on being able to insert anything into page.casearch.xml.config, I've now created a new upper-level package that still references page.casearch.xml.config for the bulk of the content but found that I am able to at least insert plain text under the content on the upper level. Yet, I'm still batting zero with inserting code even on the upper level (an altered version of entity.filtergrid.xml.config - altered only by whatever I add after the reference to page.casearch.xml.config).

<div ID="MProductSummary">
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:GetMLValue($GeneralProduct/Summary)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    </div>

It looks like this snippet is specifically referencing the Product Summary and I am wanting to reference/pull-in the Category Summary. Any suggestions will be most welcome!