Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: FedEx SSL Certificate change

pyrate is offline Member

Default FedEx SSL Certificate change

Today i received an email from FedEx and called and confirmed. They are changing their SSL certificate and have required me to update my software. Where am i going to do that at???

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

We haven't had any other reports of this and haven't gotten any emails from any of our accounts with them. What exactly did they say they're doing? Changing an SSL cert shouldn't require an update to the software unless something else was going on at the same time.

pyrate is offline Member

here it is:

Please ensure that the appropriate team members (e.g., IT developers, application server administrators and website developers) are aware of the following update to the FedEx Web Services environment:

Gateway.fedex.com Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificate Renewal:
    FedEx will be renewing the site certificate with VeriSign for gateway.fedex.com on Sept 17, 2011. Customers who need a local copy of the FedEx production certificate installed in their configuration can download the updated certificate by clicking here or by typing the following URL into their browser: http://fedex.com/us/developer/downloads/prod_cert.zip. Customers requiring a local copy must install the new certificate prior to Sept 17, 2011, or their FedEx production integration will not function. FedEx supplied API clients (e.g., ATOM) are not affected by these changes.

If you have any questions or need technical assistance, please contact the FedEx Help Desk at 1.877.339.2774 or send an email to websupport@fedex.com.

Thank you for your time and attention. We appreciate your business.

The FedEx Web Integration Solutions Team