Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Built-in Order Reports

mmann is offline Junior Member

Default Built-in Order Reports

I would like to modify a copy of the built-in report "Order Reports" and have the modified report show up in the reports menu. I want to use the "Date Range", "Customer Qualifiers", and "Report Type" from the built-in report but I want different fields for the data. I'm using version 8.0 but will be moving to version 9.2 in the next 6 weeks.

I'm not sure where to look. Can anyone give me any pointers?
    Last edited by mmann; 09-07-2011 at 04:51 PM.

esedirect is offline Senior Member

You need to start with making a copy of the rpt_orders.aspx and rpt_orders.aspx.cs files found in your admin directory. Then you can modify the copies to return the data you want.

Add the menu item into admin/skins/skin_x/expressMenuData.xml

where skin_x is your skin id, eg skin_1

I'm only guessing on the expressMenuData.xml file, as we've not changed it ourselves, but it looks a safe bet.
    http://www.esedirect.co.uk
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Using MS 9.2.0.0 with the following customisations:

Lightbox/Fancybox enlarged images;
    Auto-suggest searchbox;
    Extra product information shown only to our IP Address (such as supplier info, costs, etc.);
    Failed transactions emailed via trigger;
    Custom app to show basket contents when customer online;
    Orders pushed through to accounting systems.

All the above without source!