Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Process Payments through WSI

nickpost is offline Junior Member

Default Process Payments through WSI

Hello,

I am relatively new to the ASPDNSF WSI.

We are trying to integrate our current customer management system with ASPDNSF. Basically what we want to do is have our system provide details from a customer (billing address, shipping address, payment information, product ID's) and send this info over to the storefront and have it:
    -Create the customer and addresses
    -Create the Order
    -Process the Order
    -Reply back with a processed confirmation

This system will only be used to process credit/debit cards VIA PayPal.

Has anyone ever done this and have any tips? Or is this not possible?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

You could do that, but it's going to take multiple calls/nodes to do.

You can add a customer with the Customer node and process the order with the OrderManagement node. Actually adding items to the customer's cart would currently require using one of the SQL query nodes like ExecuteSQL.

You would need to make one call to add the customer, then check the respond for the 'OK' status, then use GetCustomer to get their ID, and add items to their cart with ExecuteSQL. Then you should be able to use OrderManagement.

MGPurnell is offline Junior Member

Default Clarification on Payment Processing on WSI

So to clarify I could have an interstitial application actually use the WSI to process an order? How would on pass the CC info into transaction processing? Would it have to be on file?

rthutchison is offline Junior Member

Default How to pass CC info via wsi?

can this be done through WSI?

webopius is offline Senior Member

This sounds like a nice challenge!

If Webopius were building this, what we would probably do is create a custom WebService object within ASPDNSF that was designed specifically to talk to your Customer Management system.

Within this object you could

- Use the ASPDNSF Customer object to create a customer and even create an initial password for them and email it (straightforward)
    - Create an order object containing the items to purchase (relatively easy)
    - Process the payment (this would be the complex step)
    - Return confirmation or failure messages to the Customer Management system (straightforward)

I could be wrong but I suspect that to auto-process the payment, you'd need to write your own version of a payment gateway. With both Paypal standard and PayPal express, as far as I know, the customer is always taken to Paypal at some point so it may not be possible to fully automate this. With other more traditional payment gateways, it is possible to automate the processing.

Adam