Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customer registration confirm email address

crandelj is offline Junior Member

Default Customer registration confirm email address

We've got problems with customers registering and misspelling their email addresses. We'd like to have the registration page have a second textbox added and require to have the customer enter it a second time (confirm email: ______).

This is causing customers not to get their email notifications and also having trouble on login because they misspelled their email when registering.

I guess I could look at trying some quick and dirty javascript but I think I'll probably have to modify createaccount.aspx and likely createaccount.aspx.cs to get the form processing to work?

Any suggestions to a simple solution before I go screwing with the form source?

webopius is offline Senior Member

The only way I can think for you to achieve this would be to write your own version of the Account.cs control that's in the ASPDNSFControls library.

If you have access to the source code, this would be a fairly straightforward change as Account.cs really just renders the form elements and all of the logic is handled in createaccount.aspx.cs.