Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Cant Get Into Admin And Skins Not Showing Since Database Got Put In

ross is offline Junior Member

Default Cant Get Into Admin And Skins Not Showing Since Database Got Put In

We had recently has asp put our database in from our previously owned channel advisor store and now we cant get into admin back section , the database has seem to changed default skin id any ideas how i can change this without getting into admin as cant get in there.

Here is error message were getting , http://www.squarekipper.com/

Any Ideas How to get back to admin section and change default skin as it trying to use one we do not have anymore as we are using standard asp skins now

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

You will need to get into your database and change the default skin id for your store.

In ver 8 or lower that is inside the appconfig table.
    In ver 9 it is inside the store table.

Then make sure you clear your cache, cookies, sessions etc. Your site should be working again.

Or if you can't do that why not copy your skin_1 into skin_2? that would be a dirty fix but if you can not edit the database for what ever reason it maybe the best temporary solution.

Hope you solve it.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

ross is offline Junior Member

it seems the database that got loaded on has changed the url of database do you have any idea of were i can see what it has changed to?

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

database that got loaded on has changed the url of database
    I assume you can not get access to your database then?

Which cause I would go straight to your hosting company and get access.

Like I said before I would use FTP to copy app_themes/skin_1 and app_templates/skin_1 and reupload them as app_themes/skin_2 and app_templates/skin_2. Your website should work then for the time. Then you can get into your back office and change it back to skin 1.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience