Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Wrong product name in breadcrumb

gleapman is offline Member

Default Wrong product name in breadcrumb

Need help with a strange issue...Different product name shows up in the breadcrumb depending on how you navigate to the product. Looked all over and cannot find one of the names in the database

Read the breadcrumb on this site page: www.beyondtec.com/p-2278-aficio-15151515f1515mf-toner.aspx

Notice the product name in the breadcrumb ends with '(6 Btls/Ctn)'

Now navigate to the same product as follows:

1. On left navigation, under 'Major Manufacturers' click on 'Ricoh'
    2. In the list that appears, click 'Copier'
    3. In the new list, click 'OEM Toner'
    4. In the products that appear, the first product in row 4 should be 'Aflicio 1515/1515f/...' Click on that.

Notice the URL is the same as the one above, but the product name in the breadcrumb is different. The '(6 btls/ctn)' is missing. I cannot find a name with the '(6 btls/ctn)' anywhere in the database. If I search on the longer name, no products are returned.

Any idea where the longer name is coming from?

Thanks.

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

I don't know if you fixed this or what but I am not seeing the "6 Btls/Ctn" when I go to the link or through the links. Maybe you had caching on and changed the name and the cache just didn't reset?

gleapman is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by chrismartz View Post
    I don't know if you fixed this or what but I am not seeing the "6 Btls/Ctn" when I go to the link or through the links. Maybe you had caching on and changed the name and the cache just didn't reset?
    Chris, thanks. Apparently it did. I clicked Reset Cache several times and then brought up the site on a different computer and still had the problem for the 90 minutes I tried to fix it.

Is there a better way to clean out the cache in the future with something like this?