Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Webinar 8.11: Skinning AspDotNetStorefront- The Developer's Tools

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Tammy is offline Super Moderator

Default Webinar 8.11: Skinning AspDotNetStorefront- The Developer's Tools

Thursday Aug 11th
    9-10 am PST
    Presented by Matt Bamford, AspDotNetStorefront Developer

REGISTER HERE >

Interested in learning how to skin your own site? Are you already doing skinning work, but feel like you don’t know quite enough to do it right? This webinar is an overview of the set of tools that developers at AspDotNetStorefront use to correctly and efficiently skin and edit websites. Matt will also provide helpful tips and tricks on each tool that will make skinning tasks a whole lot easier.

Tools and tips covered in this webinar include: (time permitting)
    • Photoshop: Slicing, layers, and image formats
    • Visual Studio: 2-pane layout, Zen coding plugin
    • Notepad ++ : Multiple undos, language-specific layouts
    • Firefox with Firebug: Finding styles, styling live sites
    • Beyond Compare: Backing up your site, editing live files via FTP, deploying files to live site

A recording of this webinar has been posted here.

Kev is offline Junior Member

Can you guys upload a higher resolution video? The video is super low-res and I can't even see what Matt is doing. It's a great video...I just want to be able to see it.

Unfortunately I can't do anything about that video, but I'll try to record at a higher res for future webinars. Thanks.