We are running aspdotnetstorefront 8.0.1.2. I manually set up an affilate in the admin site under "Products-Manage Affiliates-Add New Affiliate". I did not associate a web site link for this affiliate, just added all the information and now it is associated with the affiliate ID number.

When I typed in the appropriate url for this affiliate, ourdomainname.com/default.aspx?10050, it appeared that I was on our site associated with the affiliate. I ordered a product to make sure that the order was properly assigned to the affiliate. However, when I search the "view/manage orders" for orders associated with that affiliate, it comes back with no results.

Is the only way to get an order associated with an affiliate to have the user come thru an affiliate website? What we are trying to do is track orders associated with a charitable organization so we can give a percentage of sales back to the charitable organzation. Users need to be able to type in a url to get to the site associated with the affiliate as the distribution of this information will be via ads, newsletters, etc....any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Chris