Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: emptycategorytext

SkippyMcgee is offline Junior Member

Default emptycategorytext

Has anyone had issues with 'emptycategorytext'? It's a topic page, and it shows up whenever there are no longer products in a category.

I have all products in a category as unpublished, so logic would dictate that the category (or brand) would just disappear). But it doesn't.

I tried deleting the topic that is emptycategorytext, but the page still exists--it just says 'displaying products 0 of 0.'

How do I not have a page show up at all? It's just turning off my customers.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Entities aren't going to be hidden from the menu automatically just because the entity is empty. A lot of sites use entities for content pages, 'coming soon'-type promotions, etc. If the entity is empty at the moment and you don't want it to show, then just unpublish it like you did the products in it.

SkippyMcgee is offline Junior Member

Thanks for the answer, Scott. A follow up.

When we upload inventory for products that aren't currently active, it moves the products from unpublished to published. I'm not sure if this is native to storefront or not.

If I unpublish the category when the product is unpublished, would the category get published automatically if I publish/activate the product later on?

Also, we have 30,000 products, so it's difficult to know when a category is empty. I'm guessing we'd have to write something that unpublishes the category when it's empty? Or would there be another solution?