Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: error on createaccount.aspx

toofast is offline Senior Member

Default error on createaccount.aspx

when a customer clicks the "same as billing info" button, the page gets reloaded (which is confusing to customers). but also when they click that button, their password gets erased because the page gets reloaded. the customer doesn't notice that and then trys to create an account and gets no error message and then they give up and leave our site.

anyone fix this issue?

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

Normally there would be a validation error but at the moment if you remove the search control from your template the validation on createaccount.aspx doesn't work.

With the password being removed I am sure I saw a thread on here about that. We don't run into that issue so I am not 100% why that bit would be happening.
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

hmm, i'll look into that but either way, i'd love to know if anyone has improved the createaccount.aspx page to be slicker and not reload like it does now

DotNetDevelopments is offline Senior Member

We are working on that at the moment. If you are interested I can put you in contact with our sales team?
    www.DotNetDevelopments.co.uk
    =====
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront MSx 9.1.0.1/9.1.0.0
    Execution Mode: 64 Bit
    Dot Net Developments - E-commerce By Experience

yes, please have them contact me, thank you.