Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Changing variant look on product page

dincer80 is offline Junior Member

Default Changing variant look on product page

What we want to do is to change the design of product detail page a bit.. (We have the source code)

Rather than showing size/color values in dropdown, we'd like to show them in a prettier way like the following examples..

Name:  example2.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  4.5 KBName:  example1.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  8.2 KB

What is the simplest way to do this? Or where should we begin?

ROBB is offline Senior Member

Default RE: Changing variant look on product page

I would begin by determining how you would like to manage the color images in the backend. Some of the questions you may want to consider are:
    • How do we want to upload color images?

• Will a given color be consistently represented throughout all products? For example, will “Dark Green” on product A be the same “Dark Green” for product B?
      • If not, how do we want to associate color images with a given product?

The front end wouldn’t be too difficult to complete.

Kev is offline Junior Member

If it wouldn't be too difficult to complete the front-end, how would we do it?

Default Front End Changes

In short: use client side scripts to manipulate the existing cart objects (drop-downs). Exactly what to do depends on how you will be managing the backend and other factors as well.
    Last edited by ROBB; 05-28-2012 at 09:45 PM.

Kev is offline Junior Member

I was asking because you said it was simple. But I fell for the bait and you swooped right in.

Default Fell For The Bait

U did fall for the bait, but you managed to escape! Maybe I'll get you next time...